Many of us simply don’t take care about our nails like we do with the rest of our body parts. But it is one of the most important things that we should do. There are a few really great tips which one can follow to make sure your nails stay clean, healthy and protected. Check out these dos and don’ts that will help you have a beautiful and healthy nails!
If you don’t want to have trouble with your nails, you have to take the time to give them the care they require. But before taking care of the nails, you must note the kind of nails and hands you have.
Take a close look at your fingernails. Are they strong and healthy looking? Or do you see ridges, dents, or areas of unusual color or shape? Or is your skin oily and your nails are fragile? Or are your nails are hard and you have a cuticle problem?
Many less than desirable nail conditions can be avoided through proper fingernail care. There are a few basic rules to nail care and these simple nail care tips will help you have perfectly beautiful and healthy nails.
Take a minute and Check out the dos and don’ts that will help you have a beautiful and healthy nails!
1. Moisturize the cuticle area to prevent cracking and peeling, which can be very hurtful. Cuticle oils are the best option. If they do get injured, apply antibiotic creams till the skin is healed.
2. Wear gloves to protect nails and cuticles while washing clothes and dishes. The harmful cleansers can irritate the nails and cuticles as can the extended contact with water. Nails should be dry as much as possible.
3. After removing the nail polish, moisturize your hands and nails immediately. You just stripped away the oils from them.
4. Give breathing space of at least a few days every 2-3 weeks in between applying nail colors. This will prevent discoloration.
5. Apply polish remover before applying nail polish regardless of whether there is old polish on your nails or not. This removes any grease on the surface of the nail giving extra life to the nail polish.
1. Don’t soak nails for long periods. Nails and cuticles that absorb a lot of water can weaken easily.
2. Don’t push the cuticle back too far. Cuticles protect our nail matrix from water.
3. Don’t bite nails. It injures the nail bed and transmits bacteria into your mouth.
4. Don’t file nails when they are wet. Make sure they are completely dry.
5. Don’t overdo it with the hand sanitizer and soaps. They are extremely drying.
See more of the dos and don’ts that will help you have a beautiful and healthy nails by visiting: makeupandbeauty.com