There’s a lot of things to learn about makeup and beauty routine out there, and they can be really overwhelming at times. Whether you’re a professional who can do a killer smoky eye or a beginner who struggles with foundation application, these 6 essential makeup looks are absolutely key! From classic to trendy, these are the top 5 beauty tutorials to nail down! Check them out!
Being young is a fun time for every girl’s life to start exploring most especially with makeup looks, but it can come with stresses, too. We’ll lets admit it we all of course love to have and do a show-stopping makeup look. But sometimes we tend to be a little overhead on doing and applying makeup which makes us look cakey and a total mess.
What kind of makeup should you wear? How do you apply it? Foundation or powder? Hopefully with these few makeup look tutorials, you can learn to apply makeup and leave the stress behind.
Here’s everything you need to know about makeup basics and how to use or apply them correctly!
Take a minute and see 6 Essential Makeup Looks Every Girl Needs To Master By 21!
Essential Makeup Looks #1
1. Prep your skin with primer. This creates a smooth, even canvas for your makeup to ensure it stays put all day.
2. Apply foundation. Using your fingers, apply a full-coverage foundation to your entire face, always blending up and away from your face instead of towards the center.
3. Using a small brush, apply concealer under your eyes. Pick a shade that’s one shade lighter than the rest of your face, blending it into your foundation so there’s no harsh line differentiating the two.
4. Finish with sheer powder. Setting powder is super-important because it keeps your makeup from sweating off or settling into dry patches or on acne.
Essential Makeup Looks #2
1. Apply your face makeup first. Create smooth, even skin with your fave BB cream or foundation.
2. Measure where you’re going to fill in your brows. The front of your eyebrow should line up closely to the inner corner of your eye on the same side. The end of your brow should form a diagonal line down to the other corner of your eye, and the arch should cut through the middle of your eye.
3. Brush your brows upward with a small eyebrow brush. This will allow you to see sparse areas easily. The end of most eyebrow pencils has a perfect brush.
Essential Makeup Looks #3
1. Apply illuminating moisturizer to your entire face. Which will give you a hint of color while making your skin glow, thanks to skin brightening ingredients like vitamins A, C, and E.
2. Add shimmer eyeshadow to the insides of your eyes. Getting a gorge glow means not just focusing on your skin! Applying white or silver shadow to the insides of your eyes will brighten up your entire face, making your peepers look wide open. The shimmer shadow reflects light, making you look like you slept a full eight hours.
3. Lightly apply bronzer to your entire face. Using a brush made for loose powder, apply bronzer one shade darker than your skin to your entire face. Lay it on a slightly heavier where the sun would hit naturally: on the apples of your cheeks, forehead, and chin.
4. Swipe highlighter down the bridge of your nose. This finishing touch adds even more shimmer and helps make your cheeks pop.
Essential Makeup Looks #4
1. Start with clean, dry skin. If you feel comfortable, skip foundation for this look to allow your natural flush to come through. If you feel better with a little coverage, apply foundation first, before the blush.
2. Map out your face. Find the apples of your cheeks and your brow bones. This is where you’re going to focus the blush to get the most natural look.
3. Apply shimmer blush. With a loose-powder brush, apply a shimmery powder above the apples of your cheeks up towards your brow bones, which will reflect light and open your eyes.
4. Add pink blush. Smile and apply a pop-of-color blush right to the apples of your cheeks. That’s the brightest spot on your face naturally.
Essential Makeup Looks #5
1. Start with a clean, moisturized face. If you like to wear tinted moisturizer or foundation, apply it now before you add bronzer.
2. Apply bronzer to your cheeks and forehead. Use your fingers to swipe bronzer above both your eyes close to your hairline, and on your cheeks from the top of your ear down towards the corner of your mouth. Use a powder or cream bronzer no more than two shades darker than your skin tone.
3. Blend the bronzer. Using a loose-powder brush, blend the bronzer in upward strokes towards your hairline.
4. Apply finishing powder. Keep the contour from smudging with a sheer setting powder.
Essential Makeup Looks #6
1. Prime your eyelids. Eyelid primer will keep your shadow from settling into the crease of your lids.
2. Apply the lightest eyeshadow color to your eyelid crease and brow bone. Use shimmer shadow to make your eyes look wide open.
3. Add your crease color. With a small shadow brush, apply a medium brown shadow into the crease of your lids. This will intensify the final product and make your smoky eye look super glam.
4. Apply darkest shadow shade. Sweep a dark gray eyeshadow onto your lids and lightly blend upward toward your crease and brow bone. Gray is both bold and easy to wear, since it looks amazing with all eye colors.
5. Line your lower lids with pencil. A gunmetal gray eyeliner is equal parts pretty and edgy — if you want something a little more dramatic, go for black.
6. Apply a few coats of mascara. Black mascara is super glam and bold, perfect for this look!
Read and see more of these Essential Makeup Looks Every Girl Needs To Master By 21 by visiting: www.seventeen.com